Question

Beam + Play:1 Surround

• 15 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello,

My ground floor main room have the Living Room, Kitchen and dining room altogether. I have a Sonos Beam that I am using stand alone with the TV, and I have to Play:1 covering both the Living Room and Kitchen. We often use the 3 of them together when we listen to music, and its a great setup. 

I was curious to see if I could set up the Play:1 as Surround speaker as well. Although they are a bit far in the back, it would probably make the sound a bit “fuller”…. The question is; if I connect the Play:1 as Surround, do I lose the ability to use them standalone?  

Thank you for your help!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @NorthernMTB.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community and I know you loved our products so I'm here to help.

Yes, you will lose the ability to use them in the meantime as stereo/standalone speakers.

Meaning every time you set them as surround, you need to configure and remove them as a surround speakers and vice-versa.

It's a kinda tedious process switching back and forth.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.