Beam multiple input help!

• 30 August 2018
  • 2 replies

I had a Sonos beam And two play ones but my TV will not Output 5.1 stereo. It is a 3 year old Panasonic - very dissapointing! Therefore I currently have the optical out from the sky going via the HDMI converter gadget through hdmi cable into the beam. The HDMI out from the sky box is going directly into the TV therefore I have visual from the HDmi sky and sound from the optical sky into the back of the beam . It’s shonky bit it works. However I also have a streamer that I want to be able to direct straight into the beam as well .

What do I need to buy to plug into the back of the beam to allow me to have two separate sound feeds going in the beam , one from the skybox and one from the streamer. The visual from the streamer can also go direct to tv via hdmi but do not want anything I stream or whilst using Netflix or amazon from my Panasonic app to be only getting crappy tv sound.

Any help appreciated!

Rob

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Thankyou
Google "hdmi switch optical out" and you'll see lots of device that can take multiple hdmi inputs, and output hdmi to the tv, optical for the Beam.