Beam loses ARC connection after participating in speaker group

• 11 December 2020
  • 3 replies

I have a new Beam + 2 x One SL surrounds connected to ARC (HDMI1) on the TV and an Apple TV on HDMI2.  Setup nicely and playing fine until I decide to play music on my other SONOS speakers being a Move and a One.  I have the Move and One grouped together playing music and connect the Beam and surrounds to the same music group.  This all works fine until I later decide to turn the TV on after I stop the music.  The ARC control seems to disappear and I hear sound from both the TV and the Beam simultaneously.  If I attempt to adjust volume on the Apple TV, I get a message from Apple TV that remote control is not setup ???  The only solution I have found so far is to power the TV on and off to reset the ARC connection.  This is repeatable, ARC control seems to disappear after having the Beam join my other speakers to play music.  I’ve done this 3 times, each time I had to power the TV on and off to reset the ARC. Manually disconnecting the cables doesn’t achieve anything.  Can this be fixed?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

Can you open the Sonos App>Settings>[your Sonos Beam] and scroll down to the Home Theater section. Can you confirm that ‘TV AutoPlay’ and ‘Ungroup on Autoplay’ are both Enabled?

Confirmed, both TV Autoplay and Ungroup on Autoplay are enabled.

I don’t know if it’s pertinent, but my music source was Plex.  I started The music using The Plexamp app and then cast the music to the Sonos group.  This is much more reliable than using Plex as a source from within the Sonos App as it mostly does not work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Confirmed, both TV Autoplay and Ungroup on Autoplay are enabled.

I don’t know if it’s pertinent, but my music source was Plex.  I started The music using The Plexamp app and then cast the music to the Sonos group.  This is much more reliable than using Plex as a source from within the Sonos App as it mostly does not work.

That’s probably the cause as the Sonos App will have no knowledge of the cast from Plex and so will not be able to stop it.  You’ll need to stop the Cast to fix this.