Answered

Beam Drop Out

• 7 April 2019
  • 3 replies

I have had Sonos is the home for over 14 years with no issues, however we have recently added the beam which is connect via ARC to our sMSUNG tv. We are experiencing daily drop out where we have no sound from beam, to resolve we have to unplug, and re connect....The speaker selection keeps changing from Receiver to tv speakers, so annoying.....advice please
icon

Best answer by ratty 7 April 2019, 15:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Presumably this is the TV sound which is being disrupted. It could be that another HDMI device is trying to 'steal' the TV's audio using HDMI-CEC. Samsungs seem more prone to this. What else is plugged into the TV?
sky q box nothing else
I suggest you try disabling CEC ('HDMI control') in the Sky box. I found this at https://www.sky.com/help/articles/hdmi-one-touch-play which might help.

How to check your HDMI Control settings on your Sky+HD box
As a default setting, the One-Touch-Play option will be set to ON in your Sky+HD box settings. If you’d like to switch it OFF, follow these steps:

1. Press Services on your Sky remote control. The Options tab will be highlighted.

2. Press the right arrow button to highlight Settings and then press select.

3. Use the down arrow button to highlight HDMI Control.

4. Use the left/right arrow button to toggle it ON/OFF.

5. Press the green button on your remote to save your settings.