Beam connected but not other speakers

• 5 December 2020
  • 10 replies

Hi everyone, 

I've recently added two ones to create a suround sound for my television (I already had a beam and sub). First week it's been fine and then last night I settled down to watch The Mandalorian and to my horror only the beam was working. I have tried connecting all my speakers through an ethernet, I get the system working and as soon as I unplug, the other speakers disconnect. This is what I see. 

Any suggestions would be welcome! 

Thanks 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Those question marks suggest there is an issue with the other speakers being recognized by your router.

I’d do a couple of things. First, make sure wifi is not turned off on the Beam. Those speakers connect to the Beam via a special 5Ghz signal, and that can’t work if WiFi is turned off. 

The second thing I would do is a refresh of my network. Unplug all Sonos devices from power. While they are unplugged, reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in the Sonos devices.

Oh, a third thing. I’d read the wifi interference FAQ, on the offhand chance there is something causing enough interference to block those 5Ghz signals.

This is probably a WiFi issue. Make sure that your WiFi credentials are correct. Changing the WiFi channel might help. Use channel 1, 6, or 11, don’t use Auto or 40MHz channels.

In the community we don’t have access to the diagnostic information. Submit a diagnostic then post the confirmation number here. SONOS staff can review the diagnostic.

Thanks, I tried resetting my router and that had a semi positive impact. The beam, sub and right 1 are now working but not the left one? Also, now I can't connect to the system 

Did you unplug all Sonos devices before you rebooted the router?

All but the the beam. Shall I disconnect all of them? Its strange that they now all play the correct sound all bar one 

It’s entirely up to you. There was a reason I used the phrase ‘all Sonos devices’,  but I can’t force you to do what I suggested. 

Ha, fair play. I'll try it tomorrow. Thanks for your help and I'll let you know if it was successful 

Success, resetting all the speakers worked. Thank you so much for the help! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Resetting or rebooting?

I turned off all the speakers and switched off the router. Once I turned the router back on, I switched the speakers back on ensuring my phone and sonos were on the same network and after a few minutes they all synced up correctly