Beam + AppleTV 4K + Netflix - Lip-sync & Volume spike issues

• 2 September 2018
  • 1 reply

Having a few issues getting my new Beam to play nice with Apple TV 4k... Initially I had a long lip-sync / delayed audio issue when my Apple TV audio output was set to 'Apple TV', by default. I switched audio output to my Beam (exclusively), which resolved the audio delay issue, but now I'm getting very odd spikes in volume in-between episodes on Netflix (via Apple TV), where the audio output seems to be resetting / reverting back to default 'Apple TV', instead of to the Beam. This is an issue because I'm back to my initial lip-sync issue, but most annoyingly the volume spikes up really load - which my wife & sleeping baby are not finding amusing!

My Setup:
Mi Tv 4C 50" 4K HDR
Apple TV 4K (plugged into regular HDMI 2)
Sonos Beam (Plugged into ARC HDMI)

Any advice on how to resolve this, would be much appreciated!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Andyc98. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. If you are still having trouble with this, I would recommend giving our support technicians a call to have a closer look at what is happening. These volume spikes are not expected and should be addressed. Thanks!