Answered

Beam and Sonos Ones ARC and DOlby question

• 17 September 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone,

I am new to the Sonos world and had my beam and 2 x Sonos Ones delivered today and I have a few questions I hope to get some help with.

Firstly here is my kit ; Panasonic TXl50E6B, Apple TV 3rd gen, and Sky HD box. I use the Apple TV for Netflix and Amazon Prime.

I have noticed that my TV does not seem to support DD pass through. If I hook up the beam to the TV via arc then my two sources have audio but the Sonos about bit in the app detects a stereo signal. What is happening with the Ones as rears in this situation?

I have also noticed that if I connect the optical out of the sky box, or the optical output of the ATV straight into the HDMI port of the Beam (using the supplied adapter) then I can get a dolby digital 5.1 signal. This causes the problem that I have to keep swapping the cable around for the two inputs. Also is it okay to have a 5.1 sound when there is no sub i.e. 5.0.

Has anyone got any ideas so I can get surround sound out my two ones without having to switch cable, or buy a new TV. If not then I guess I would either be better off sending the Ones back, or perhaps finding a system with more soundbar inputs somewhere.

Thanks in advance for any help or comments.
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 17 September 2018, 17:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

You can look into getting an hdmi switch that will take in 2 or more hdmi inputs, and output hdmi for your tv and optical for your beam. You won't be switching cables, but you will need to manually (some have remotes) switch the input on the hdmi switch.