Question

Beam and Sonos One SL.

• 27 October 2020
  • 2 replies

• Contributor I
  • 1 reply

I've been very happy with the Beam I attached to my tv.  Today I bought a Sonos 1 SL to connect with Beam (as my wife needs it behind her, as she has a hearing deficit). I was able to set up the new unit and connect to the wifi Beam system.  My issue is that the volume works in tandem.  I want to control volume and treble/bass separately. Any suggestions? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

No, there’s no way, when using the One SL as a grouped ‘room’ to control it with a TV remote, you’d have to use the Sonos controller.

It’s unfortunate, but there’s no great solution for hard of hearing folks with Sonos and the Home Theater options.

I stumbled across an answer.  If you click the center button on the Sonos button, you link it to the beam.  Then on the app, you can adjust each units volume.  Afterwards,  you can can use a combined or separate volume controls.