Answered

Beam and Samsung Anynet+ Volume Control

• 8 March 2020
  • 1 reply

My Samsung 8000 TV and Beam are connected using ARC. When I watch my Apple TV and control the volume with my Apple remote, only the Beam volume bar appears on the screen. When I use my TV remote to control the volume, two volume bars appear on the screen - the Beam volume bar and the Samsung Anynet+ volume bar.  Can I get the Anynet+ volume bar to disappear?

Also, when I control the volume on my Beam, the volume changes in increments of two, e.g., 42, 44, 46, 48. Is it supposed to adjust in increments of two rather than one?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 9 March 2020, 17:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

@Bikram12 Thank you for bringing your question to us here and welcome to the Sonos Community. You would want to reach out to Samsung about their TV settings to disable any TV messaging you are seeing or refer to the TV’s owner manual. We do not have a volume indicator that shows up on a TV. This what yo may also be seeing on the TV screen is the disable TV speaker volume increasing by “2”.

If it saves you call to Samsung or scanning through the manual you can try this link first as it may help with correcting TV messaging. This link may help if you ever want your Samsung One remote to control your Beam.

Lastly, if you do decide to reprogram a remote to control your Beam instead of the Apple TV remote, we only hold one code so you will always get a prompt in the steps that it will remove your current remote setup in Sonos.