Question

Beam and One SL pair TV audio issues.

• 8 October 2020
  • 5 replies

I have a beam. Set up fine. Audio great. Bought a pair of One SL speakers for surround. Set up. Sound is great and coming out of all three speakers with my music.  But...when we watch TV, movies, etc, no sound comes out of the surround speakers.  How do I get TV sound also through the Ones for surround?  Thanks in advance!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

My guess is you set up the Sonos Ones as a separate room, instead of adding them as surrounds to the Beam’s room. Go in to settings for the Beam, and click on ‘Add surrounds’, and move the Sonos Ones from a separate room to actually be surrounds. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Also check the Sonos system is receiving a Dolby Digital signal. Not all TV channels/programs are sent in DD. Go to Settings/System/About my System and scroll to the room with the Beam, and it’ll tell you whether you have DD 5.1, DD 2.0, or stereo. You may also need to tweak your tv settings to send out DD. 

My guess is you set up the Sonos Ones as a separate room, instead of adding them as surrounds to the Beam’s room. Go in to settings for the Beam, and click on ‘Add surrounds’, and move the Sonos Ones from a separate room to actually be surrounds. 

Hi- no they are part of the same room set up as surrounds. Thanks though!

Also check the Sonos system is receiving a Dolby Digital signal. Not all TV channels/programs are sent in DD. Go to Settings/System/About my System and scroll to the room with the Beam, and it’ll tell you whether you have DD 5.1, DD 2.0, or stereo. You may also need to tweak your tv settings to send out DD. 

Thanks- I get to about my system but all that is listed there is the version info and then each

piece of equipment and IP address and other info. I don’t see any DD info. 

Look for 'Audio in' in the section for the Beam itself not the surrounds. And when you have TV sound playing.