Audiochopps in rear surround speakers.

• 27 April 2023
  • 2 replies

My setup is the following. Xbox series x connected to tv (tcl c935).  Sonos arc to earc on tv. 2 Era100 speakers as surround rear left nd right. My problem is, when choosing my sound output on tv to arc I get sound delay, most noticeable when playing fps. When I change my sound output on my tv to pass through the sound from my rear speakers chopps off the sound (silence for 3 ms) here and there. Can someone here explain why and what I should do to get rid of these annoying problems. Best regards

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Tyfusboy, welcome to the Sonos Community!

You’ll want to make sure ARC and CEC are both enabled on your TCL TV. I’ve had a look and can see that there are few ways to enable this on TCL TVs, likely model dependent, which are:

CEC:

• System Settings Menu → Select Control Other Devices (CEC). → Turn on HDMI ARC. → Turn on System Audio Control.
  • System Settings Menu → Select Control Other Devices (CEC) → Turn on System Audio Control.
  • System Settings Menu → Select Control Other Devices (CEC) → Enable 1- touch play. (Allows CEC to turn on the TV)

ARC:

• Settings → Sound → Advanced Settings → ARC
  • Settings → General → HDMI → ARC

I’d also recommend keeping the system set to passthrough

If the above settings are enabled and you’re still having issues, then please submit a diagnostics after the surround speakers cut out then reach out to our support team for further assistance as they have the tools necessary to troubleshoot this issue with you.

I hope this helps!

Hi, thanks for your answer. My setting is exactly as you proposed. When my tv is set on passthrough i get sound dropouts all The time but less audio delay but when changing my setting to auto i get no dropouts but more delay. I will reach to sonos support team with my diagnostik code. Best regards.