Question

Audio issues with Arc paired with rear Connect:Amp while playing Atmos

• 6 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

I’ve got a Sonos Arc paired with a Connect:Amp and I’m experiencing issues while watching Atmos content on Netflix via my Apple TV 4k.

The audio has weird issues where the output of the Arc intermittently gets very quiet or cuts out completely and when that happens the output from the rear speakers powered by the Connect:Amp get’s much louder. I’d specifically say that the audio never fully cuts out, just seems to be some communication issue between the Arc and Connect:Amp. 

The Arc and Connect:Amp are both wired on the same UniFi switch. 

• LG B8 Oled with Apple TV 4K 
  • Sonos Arc connected via ARC - wired 
  • Sonos Connect:Amp as LS+RS - wired
  • Sonos Sub (wireless)
  • Support diagnostics confirmation: 122881592

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @sean.scott.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us and submitting a diagnostic. I understand you’re having audio issues with your Sonos Home theater setup. Let me help you out with that.

Based on the submitted diagnostic, WiFi on your Sonos Arc and Sonos Amp has been disabled but your Sub has Wifi enabled. This situation means all communication that is being done by the Sonos Arc needs to go through the router first and not directly to the Sonos Amp (surrounds) and the Sub and as a result, causes audio delay. I would like to suggest enabling the Wifi feature on the devices by going to settings » system » Den » Arc and then enable Wifi same goes for the surrounds go to settings » system » Den » Amp and then enable Wifi. Once these features have been enabled, reboot the devices starting with the Sonos Arc (unplug them from power and plug them back after 10-15 seconds. Once the Sonso Arc has a solid white light, reboot the Sub and Amp. Once All of them have been rebooted, test to check if the issue has been resolved (it should be) as the Sonos Arc is now fully communicating directly to the Amp (surrounds) and Sub. You may also want to submit a diagnostic so we can further check if the issue has been fully resolved. We may also want to consider going through this guide to make sure that the Amp is set up correctly as surrounds.

Please let us know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,