Answered

Audio is delayed from all devices to Sonos Arc

• 19 January 2021
  • 4 replies

I have had a Sonos Arc for a couple of months now and cannot seem to get the audio to tie up with Lip Syncing from any device.

I have an LG GX tv and have the Sonos into the eArc port on the TV.  I have a Sky box which I watch TV on and the audio seems to be behind the lip sync of anyone who talks, I also notice this when I run apps like Youtube and BBC Iplayer from the Sky box.

I have set the audio out to PCM and it has made no difference.  I also have an Xbox and PS5 connected and if I run TV apps on those then I get the same results of delayed audio.

I can’t seem to find an email address for Support to open a ticket and because I am very busy with work during the day I don’t have time to spend on the phone.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 3 February 2021, 20:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Turn off any setting on your Skybox or TV that could be compressing or changing the audio in any way and see if that improves your lip sync problem.

Thank you for the help here, I have reset all the devices, TV, SKY, Xbox, PS5 to all different types of options in the audio removing this as a option.  I have changed all the cables and only had the appropriate ones plugged in but no joy.

Userlevel 7

The Sky box has been known to have audio sync issues. Some users have changed the HDMI Audio Output setting to Normal in the Sky settings and it has fixed the issue, but you will get stereo sound instead of Dolby Digital 5.1.

Userlevel 7

This article might be helpful with adjusting your TV settings: https://www.lg.com/ca_en/support/product-help/CT20098005-1399374324873