Skip to main content

Hi all

I have a Sonos Arc and subwoofer gen 3 and I paired my Play two Play 1s that I have had for several years as the 2 rear surrounds.  Am I shortchanging myself by not using the Sonos ones that are newer or will the sound be the same.  

Additionally what would be a better sionos speaker back there short of Sonos 5 which is very expensive

Thank you 

Play:1, Sonos One, and Sonos One SL are very similar in sound quality and quite well suited for surround duty.   Play:1 is a great choice, since it’s what you already have, and you aren’t paying for features you won’t use with surround speakers.

I have Play 1s on one system and One SLs on another, can’t tell the difference but then my ears are not great anymore.

I have Ones but started to buy the One SLs because I do not use voice commands. In the whole Sonos range of speakers I consider them the best price/quality products. If you are tight on budget, you might also consider the Symfonisk sold by IKEA. They sound also good but I perceive a slightly less clarity than the One SLs.

The Play:1s are fine.  Surrounds aren’t doing much heavy lifting as far as sound is concerned. 

I changed my surrounds from the ones to Symfonisk and I’m sure the Symfonisk sound better when used as surrounds and my ones did. 

the ones are now used for stereo sound in the dinning room.