Question

Arc with Sony Bravia Oled TV - System turned off in Mute status

• 16 June 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello. I just connected my Arc this weekend to a three year old Oled Sony Bravia TV and well on in various HDMI inputs, the TV would switch back and forth from TV Speakers to External Speakers. I turned off the entire Bravia Auto Sync, turned off Auto Audio recognize modes, pretty much all things I thought would be causing this issue which seemed to work, however, now when I switch off my TV using my Harmony Elite remote, my entire Arc, Play Ones and Sub go into Mute mode (green stable light on all of them) and it is quite annoying to have a perfectly nice looking White Arc bar with a green light on it when everything else is off. Any idea, what I can do to get these out of mute mode when I shut it down? I did try and configure my Harmony remote to perform an extra step to get these out of mute, but it did not work. My guess is, whatever I did turning Bravia Sync off to get the HDMI Arc to stop auto switching back and forth, created these to go into a standby/Mute mode. Any suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Mine is doing the same thing but only when I ask Alexa to turn off the TV. If I use my remote to turn on and off the TV it does not happen. I have a brand new Sony X900H. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am having the same problems noted above.  I have my TiVo Edge, AppleTV and Arc hooked up to various HDMI slots.  I used the HDMI 3 (ARC) for my Sonos Arc as instructed.  ATV in HDMI 2 and TiVo Edge in HDMI 4.

In addition, when I turn off the tv via my ATV or TiVo remotes, 90% of the time when I turn it back on it reboots…. Android screen, then Sony screen, then the Sony booting up icons.  Annoying.  It doesn’t happen without the Arc connected.  I even removed Alexa from the Arc.  I thought that might be a problem.  No change.

Will be returning the Arc.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I am having the same problems noted above.  I have my TiVo Edge, AppleTV and Arc hooked up to various HDMI slots.  I used the HDMI 3 (ARC) for my Sonos Arc as instructed.  ATV in HDMI 2 and TiVo Edge in HDMI 4.

In addition, when I turn off the tv via my ATV or TiVo remotes, 90% of the time when I turn it back on it reboots…. Android screen, then Sony screen, then the Sony booting up icons.  Annoying.  It doesn’t happen without the Arc connected.  I even removed Alexa from the Arc.  I thought that might be a problem.  No change.

There is a known problem with Sony Android TVs. It has to do with the TV “calling home” every 5 minutes when idle, and sometimes these “calls home” go bad. There are two ways to solve this.

Way 1: Turn off the TV’s wifi. 

Way 2: In the TV’s settings menu, go to Network → Home Network Setup → IP Control, and set it to ‘Simple’. 

I prefer Way 1 as I don’t use any smart features of my TV, and it is more energy-efficient than Way 2. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

There is a known problem with Sony Android TVs. It has to do with the TV “calling home” every 5 minutes when idle, and sometimes these “calls home” go bad. There are two ways to solve this.

Way 1: Turn off the TV’s wifi. 

Way 2: In the TV’s settings menu, go to Network → Home Network Setup → IP Control, and set it to ‘Simple’. 

I prefer Way 1 as I don’t use any smart features of my TV, and it is more energy-efficient than Way 2. 

This works!  Thanks