Question

Arc with Benq W1070 Projector

• 23 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Is anyone using the Arc with a Benq W1070 projector? It has 2 HDMI connections (with no ARC support that I know of) and an old 3.5 mm connector. Are the benefits of the Arc lost with this projector? If not, what is the best way to connect? Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

The benefit of the arc is pretty much lost I would say. I ordered a BenQ tk850 projector because said that it would support HDMI arc on one of its HDMI ports. However, I found out later that the projector could only output 2-channel stereo sound from HDMI arc. I don’t know if I am lucky or unlucky, but the projector I received has defections so I returned it without any problem.

I further researched into this issue and found that most projectors cannot output 5.1 sound even if they have HDMI arc. However, I think there is a HDFurry product (called arcana?) that can basically split your source input to send audio to sonos arc and video to your projector.