Answered

Arc Wall mount bracket. Has anyone used on yet?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi all, has anyone received and fitted the official Arc wall mount bracket yet?

I am interested to know if the bracket supports and cradles the Arc in any way, or if the full weight of the Arc is carried directly on the two mounting screws that hold the Arc to the bracket.

The reason I ask is because I want to mount the Arc below our TV on arms attached to the cantilever TV wall bracket. The bracket is rated at a whopping 60Kg max and the TV is only 14Kg, so no issues with overall weight. Trying to establish if the full weight of the Arc can safely be supported just by the two locating points where the wall mount is designed to attach.

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by Sb_gb 12 June 2020, 21:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Yep, installed it today.

The full weight of the Arc is on the two mounting screws that you screw into the back of the soundbar. The whole unit slots vertically into the mounting bracket from the top  

I think you’ll be safe with the set up you describe. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Thanks for the reply. Really appreciate it. It saves me buying the dedicated wall mount.

What is the thread pattern and length of the two mounting screws?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@rcam0802  The two holes on the back of the Arc are M4 and 20mm deep to the back plate.

The provided flanged thumb screw provided with the wall mount kit has 6mm of thread and 6mm unthreaded shaft.

Thank you!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hold on. Elsewhere I have been corrected that these are M5… It is two sizes smaller than my M6 bolt sizer, but it appears to be M5. It is the same size as the underside of the Beam.

The depth and thread dimensions above are correct.

Sorry for the confusion

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

How do people find the sound quality adjustment going from non wall mounted to wall mounted? Thanks

Badge

Hi 

can anyone recommend a mount bracket that fixes to the versa mount holes on the back of the TV

Bondi699--there is a mount bracket that Sanus makes, in which they collaborated with Sonos.  

https://www.sanus.com/en_us/products/mounts/wssatm1/

I know this because I’m researching different ways to place my new Arc.

Badge

Hi dturrill.
Thanks for the information, I ended up fabricating my own bracket. All I need now is the Arc