Answered

Arc surrounds not playing music when selected

• 2 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi guys.

When playing music via a play1,, if I also select the arc (with attached SLs as surrounds) I only get the music from the play1 and the arc.

If I unpair the surrounds from the arc then I'll get music from the SLs. 

Am I missing something 

icon

Best answer by John B 3 January 2021, 14:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

In ‘Settings/System’ in the Sonos App, is your Arc now showing by it’s Room Name followed by (+LS+RS) - are there any issues/errors highlighted in the System? If not, can you rebond the surrounds back to the Arc.

With the surrounds re-bonded, if you go into the Arc room settings and choose "surround audio” if you have music playback set to ‘Ambient’ - then try changing that setting to ‘Full’ and try again and see if that fixes the issue. 

Hi Ken,

yes ive got arc showing with +LS+RS. and surround audio set to full music playback.  issue still the same unfortuantly.

Userlevel 7

Have you tried disconnecting the surrounds from the Arc and setting them back up again?

Fletchers heating,

What happens when you group the speakers the other way around - so you play music on the Arc & it’s surrounds and then go onto group the room with the Play:1 - does that work?

This sounds very like a thread I tried (and failed) to help with a couple of weeks back.  

I’m not sure the title quite identifies the issue, but I could not see anything wrong with what the OP was doing.  Unless anyone comes up with any bright ideas I think it may be best if @Fletchers heating called Sonos Support?