Answered

Arc+Sub+Ones SL_ preset TV volume

• 7 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi!

I’ve already read a post from another user one year ago questioning this, but the reply didn’t replied to what was asked, so here it goes:

Whenever I turn my TV on, sound volume on Sonos app starts at 10, which is a little louder than I would want.

IS there any way to preset the volume lever for TV, so whenever I turn TV on volume level is adjusted to the level selected?

I’ve tried several times turning off TV with volume levels below 10, but it seems this volume is not saved for the next time I use my TV.

Hope I can get some clarification on this.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by jgatie 7 April 2022, 17:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

If the volume is controlled via Sonos and not by the TV via CEC, then it will always start up at the last volume setting.  More than likely, your TV is controlling the volume and the function would be set on the TV, not Sonos.

@marinheira 
My Arc comes on with the TV at the same volume setting as when the TV was switched off, but what TV are you using and have you considered speaking to the manufacturers support desk, checked the user manual, or maybe searched online to see if there is an option to change the TV preset? … (which is possibly linked to the TV CEC settings).

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

@marinheira 
My Arc comes on with the TV at the same volume setting as when the TV was switched off, but what TV are you using and have you considered speaking to the manufacturers support desk, checked the user manual, or maybe searched online to see if there is an option to change the TV preset? … (which is possibly linked to the TV CEC settings).

I am using it connected via eARC to a LG OLED 65C9.

HDMI-CEC is turned on.

I am testing it setting the sound level via TV remote, using the Sonos app just to check the sound level.

From other sources it keeps the sound level, with TV it turn aos always at level 10 and I just can’t find any setting for it on TV menus.

@marinheira 

I am using it connected via eARC to a LG OLED 65C9.

HDMI-CEC is turned on.

I am testing it setting the sound level via TV remote, using the Sonos app just to check the sound level.

From other sources it keeps the sound level, with TV it turn aos always at level 10 and I just can’t find any setting for it on TV menus.

Then it’s probably a setting in that case in the hidden LG’s Engineers Service Menu - you may invalidate the TV warranty however if you mess with it. To access the menu see this link:

https://www.avforums.com/threads/access-service-menu-for-lg-oled65b7v-oled65c9pla.2298551/

My own advice however is to not mess with such settings as a ‘mistake’ can cause the TV to not work correctly.

I recommend you speak with LG support.