Answered

Arc sound cuts out when streaming (Netflix, Prime, Britbox)

• 22 September 2020
  • 23 replies

Sony 65A9G Android (all streaming via SONY Android)

Sonos ARC, SUB Gen3 and Boost

FIOS Quantaum

Sound never drops while watching TV via FIOS. Sound drops randomly when using any streaming service, Prime and Britbox are the worst. Restoring sound is different for each service. Prime is the most cumbersome, requiring me to select SETTINGS,AUDIO SYSTEM SPEAKERS TV SPEAKERS, which forces an HDMI error and causes restart of the program. Netflix is more forgiving and usually continues after the TV Speaker selection. This is my first time with Sonos products, at times I wish my Pioneer receiver and Polk sound bar were still installed. I have read many comments on this issue with no FIX offered.

icon

Best answer by Dogdad 9 December 2020, 13:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

23 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @papa267, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about the issue on your Sonos Arc, To further check on this issue, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  And you may check this thread link pertaining to this concern, there may be some recommendations and suggestions on that thread that might help.

Keep me in the know with the advice above. 

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

I will submit a diagnostic next time it happens. I have tried cat6 connecting the arc then bought the Boost - no change same issues. Have rebooted everything on the network result no change. Reinstalled prime App a few times

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @papa267, thanks for the update. Let us know if the issue reoccurs so that we can assist you further. 

If you have other questions with your Sonos products, feel free to reach out.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Issue continues, went almost 7 days with no problems until yesterday.

Diag #

Last night sound dropped about every 20 minutes using Prime off the Sony Android System. Fix was to switch to TV speakers which causes an HDMI error then resume the Prime selection. This is unacceptable. I’m a first time Sonos owner and will never add to this system.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @papa267, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system when the issue is happening. Upon checking. It shows that the Arc status is disabled and on silence. Kindly try other source and also check the audio out of the cable box, kindly do a reboot. And unplug it from the power source for 1-2 minutes and plug it back in, same goes with the Sonos Arc. And check the CEC settings of the TV if it is enabled. Arc must be connected to your TV’s HDMI-ARC or HDMI-eARC input, and your TV needs to have HDMI-CEC enabled on the TV settings.

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

Simon

Thank you for your response. I have checked and rechecked , including reboot everything  connected to my WiFi. I moved the Verizon router from the 2nd floor to 5 ft away from TV and Sonos Arc. Repeating the ONLY times the ARC drops the sound is when I am streaming via Sony’s android system. Dropping the sound is random and totally unpredictable. In my opinion this is another case of a beta technology being sold before it’s ready. Not sure if fault lies with Sonos, Sony (Android) or whoever put out e ARC. I’m amazed at the number of threads on this site with exact same issue. Noting  it is across different TV brands and streaming systems. I will continue to send diagnostics when sound is dropped. If I could I would return the ARC and sub woofer.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @papa267, thanks for the update and the information that you provided. Thanks for trying some troubleshooting steps in resolving this issue. We’ll take this further. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.  They may ask additional troubleshooting steps and give you options about this concern. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Same issue of sound dropping, no sound for about 10 seconds, then comes back. just submitted diagnostic a few seconds after it happened 267985053.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Florentcm, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Sorry to know about what happened for the audio dropouts on your Sonos speakers. Upon checking the diagnostic report. It shows interference and dropouts on your system. Kindly check this article about Reducing wireless interference and Music service audio stops or skips for some troubleshooting steps. 

Let me know your thoughts with the advice above.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi  @Simon B , I don't know understand how the wireless interferences could have produced the audio dropout problem since the cut problem occurs while the source is HDMI input from the TV and my setup is only 1 sonos ARC, no other speaker to communicate wirelessly with.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Florentcm, thanks for the update. To answer your question, several factors may affect the signals coming into your Sonos Arc to your TV, and one factor is if other HDMI enabled devices may cause interference, like cable boxes. Also, if there are devices near the Sonos Arc that may cause interference and if it happens when streaming specific contents or on all contents. If those troubleshooting steps did not work for you or if you run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to assist you.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Unfortunately, besides the TV, there is no device close to the soundbar that could cause the interference. I noticed that I don't get the sound cutting issue when I disable the eARC feature of the TV. Is it possible that it linked to the eARC implementation? I saw a lot of posts related to this issue, is it fixed already?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Florentcm, thanks for the update. About your question, It may be possible that having it enabled is the cause of the issue. You can rerun a diagnostic report so I can check for any difference or improvements after disabling the eARC feature on the TV.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I did not experience any sound dropout for a few hours of watching netflix tonight with eARC disabled on my Sony x900h. But after putting back the eARC setting to auto, the sound drop occurred after 30min.
Is there something wrong with eARC?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Florentcm, thanks for the update and the information that you provided. About your question and for further assistance so that we could determine if that is an issue with the eARC, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They should be able to determine if there is something wrong with the eARC and give options about it. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Simon B I found a relevant other conversation about my problem here and answered to the thread : https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/arc-tv-sound-cuts-in-and-out-6842963/index11.html

The problem seems to have been acknowledged already by sonos, and I understood that a fix should come soon. Should I still contact sonos by phone?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Florentcm, thanks for the update. Sorry to know that it’s still not working pro[perly and thanks for sharing that link for this same issue that you have. We’ll take this further. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps so that they can also give you options on the next course of action for this issue.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Florentcm, thanks for the update. Sorry to know that it’s still not working pro[perly and thanks for sharing that link for this same issue that you have. We’ll take this further. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps so that they can also give you options on the next course of action for this issue.

I’ve contacted Sonos phone support a few times. Not one admits there’s an issue. Yet , so many complaints… and nothing resolved.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Dogdad, thanks for reaching out. Sorry about what happened. You may check the main thread link about this issue on the first reply I made to the original poster for updates and recommendations on that thread about this issue. 

Keep me in the know with the advice above.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@Simon B I found a relevant other conversation about my problem here and answered to the thread : https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/arc-tv-sound-cuts-in-and-out-6842963/index11.html

The problem seems to have been acknowledged already by sonos, and I understood that a fix should come soon. Should I still contact sonos by phone?

Sony has an update out that supposedly resolves this issue. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Dogdad, thanks for the update. I would suggest that you can contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps and additional options for this issue. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

I have a similar issue when switching between services. Really annoying and can be difficult to get the sound back without a restart. I’m also using E-Arc with an 8k HDMI cable (I’ve also tried the supplied cable). Trawling through the many posts on the issue, it seems it’s related to the E-Arc implementation and the firmware on the TV. I’m using a Samsung Q70 and by all accounts Samsung are looking to implement and update by March 21. Not good though considering the price of the speaker. 

I’m having the same issue as others on this thread, losing sound from the Arc when streaming from Netflix, Amazon Prime or YouTube. There is no issue when using the sound on the tv only using sky q.

The television is a Sony AG9.

I believe this is a known issue.

I have submitted a diagnostic report, number 355808776.

thankyou.