Question

Arc Samsung Frame TV eARC not working

• 5 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I had the same issue 8 Sound interruptions and eArc (Auto) not working. I live in Austria so I have the European firmware. Do you you know if the issue is update ot fixed. Since 4 days my e-arc works with the SONOS Arc and the Samsung Frame 65 (2020). I just made a litte change on my setting. I always had the arc connected via WIFI, and the Frame via LAN cable. Because i had not enough outputs, i bought a switch and connected everything through the switch. So, SONOS Arc an Samsung Frame are connected on the switch via LAN cable. And now it works. eArc is enabled on AUTO and I have since 4 Days no sound interruptions. No idea why :)

I don’t know why it works now, bit it does. 

Maybe someone has news.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

​Hi @Romain81,

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. Let me share some information to help you out. 

The Sonos Arc can play Dolby Atmos audio. ARC and eARC are protocols responsible for sending audio over an HDMI cable to home theater sound systems like Sonos Arc. Sonos Arc must be connected to HDMI ARC or HDMI eARC to play any Dolby Atmos content. Not all TVs have HDMI ARC or HDMI eARC, so check your TV’s user manual to see which HDMI connections you have. Getting Dolby Atmos audio can also depend on the physical source device playing the content and the format or output must be set to one of our supported home theater audio formats. Some TV and movie streaming services now support Dolby Atmos. Please note that even if a service supports Dolby Atmos, some shows and movies may not have Dolby Atmos audio. Check with your streaming service provider to see if they support Dolby Atmos.

I'm glad that your Sonos Arc is now working with your Samsung Frame TV. In case you encounter the issue again, please submit a diagnostic report for us to check. Just let us know the confirmation number to look up the information. 

Please keep us posted and if you have any further questions or concerns, I'll be glad to assist you.