Arc Position using a wall mount - room impediments.

• 13 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Opinions sought.

I am going to upgrade from my Beam to an Arc. I am concerned that using the Arc in current position of the Beam will essentially undermine getting the best from the Arc. (I am unlikely to change the current layout in the near future)

Currently the Beam is mounted under my TV on the wall. The TV is a little deeper along with the  wall mount (than usual) and the screen face is about 12 cm out from wall. The Beam sits about 18 cm below the TV.

To complicate things further, above the TV/Beam location is a recessed ceiling light (see attached image). So you have the ceiling, but also an oblong “well” 45 cm’s deep starting 70 cm from the vertical wall (window is 1m wide x 1.5m long). The ceiling would be 1.7m from the top of the Arc if it is located where the Beam currently is.

If I place the Arc here with these non ideal room elements, am i basically hobbling the arc’s acoustics (& dolby atmos). Or am I over-worrying? 

Thanks

David

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @David Reynolds 

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I would like to share with you this guide about the Sonos Arc functionality, placement, limitation, and features. This may share some helpful tips and may have all the answers to your question.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help out in the community.

Thanks,