Answered

Arc not in sync with Samsung tv audio

• 31 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have a new Samsung NEO 8k tv and connected a new Arc to it using the HDMI/Arc port. The audio works but is several milliseconds behind the video. I’ve noticed that I can use the Sonos software to delay the audio which, as expected, makes matters worse. The tv also seems to have a digital audio delay - a slider bar that defaults to 100. There is nothing available in the tv documentation saying what the 100 is or whether sliding it left or right increases the delay. I have tried moving the slider to both extremes and honestly saw no noticeable difference. 

I have seen numerous articles about different audio formats that can be processed faster, but let’s face it, we pay a premium for the arc to get Dolby Atmos sound.  I also read an article suggesting different HDMI cables can make a difference  I will give that a try but not sure I am buying that one.

Has anyone experienced this and can suggest a fix?  Thanks!

icon

Best answer by controlav 31 May 2021, 19:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Can you post photos of your TV’s audio and HDMI settings?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Check your TV for firmware updates.

What you don't pay for when you buy the Arc is tbe ability to play sound before the TV sends it, because that will remain impossible until the human race masters time travel.