ARC models

• 15 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello: What is the difference between the ARC model, the ARCG1EU1BLK and the ARCG1EU2BLK?

4 replies

Userlevel 7

I believe the “2” indicates that it is a Sonos Certified Refurbished product. The “1” indicates it is a brand new Sonos product.

While the ARC bar was under warranty, it was damaged and now, they send me a reconditioned replacement bar... Well, I bought it NEW. Shameful that SONOS !! FOOLED ME !! ... and after more than 20 days without the ARC
Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What would be the difference for you between getting your Arc back in a repaired state (used before only by you) and receving a fully checked and functiona Arc (maybe used before by someone else) now?

Looking at the date @anestopi joined the forum here and the fact only the Arc is listed in the online profile, it appears the device was quite a number of months old anyway, probably from June/July 2021.

Here in the U.K. the usual ‘practice’ by many manufacturers/retailers, from my own experience, is to replace a device outside of a 3 month period (from purchase date) with a ‘refurbished’ product, but that product then also comes with the same manufacturer’s/retailers guarantee - so nothing is usually lost in such cases. I think that’s quite a ‘fair practice’ for the majority of situations.