Arc model update

• 16 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi everyone,

In a local shop I've found a new Sonos Arc with a 30% discount, but I bought the Beam Gen 2 in January...

Do you think is possible that Sonos releases an Arc Gen 2 in this year? Or any equivalent?

3 replies

SONOS does not release a long term model plan. “New” models are announced only after it becomes impossible to keep its eminent release a secret. I doubt that we will see a next generation ARC for a year or two.

I’d be surprised, to be sure, but there is never a guaranty, one way or the other. 

What new features would a new Arc or other device support, that would make it a revenue generator for Sonos? The only one I can come up with, off the top of my head, would be the addition of a Bluetooth receiver that could share the signal with the rest of the Sonos speakers, like the Roam does. Not sure that that one hardware change is enough to generate sales that would cover the costs to change production….but then, I have no idea what those are anyway.

The one change I have been advocating for, for at least 10 years or so, is the ability to have three separate speaker boxes for the front of a home theater system…so not a sound bar, but disparate speakers that I could set up where I wanted. But, given it’s been 10 years, I’m obviously not holding my breath. Sonos seems to be content to focus (likely wisely) on the mass market, and not do too much veering in to ‘specialty’ areas. 

Badge +2

I'll buy it and cross my fingers