Arc losing tv connection if change channel or pausing

Badge

The arc system loses audio if the channel is changed or paused or going between TV and netflix or any other service. Streaming music through the app does not elicit this issue. It seems that if the arc does not get active sound from the tv it goes into hibernate mode and is not activated when the sound comes back on. I have reset the system, unplugged, etc... I am working on a boost directly connected to my router. This is not a wifi connection issue, it is a tv tobarc input issue. The arc is connected by hdmi-arc input/output. Diagnostic# 700124150

Would appreciate any help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Looks like there are a few issues with ARC, I have well known issues with eARC, and also intermittent sound drop out now which means unplugging HDMI and inserting again which is a bit of a pain. Out of interest, what make is your tv?

Badge

The tv is a Sony, 2020 model.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Ozz10, I would try two things:

1.  First, try to replace the HDMI cable for the Arc with a different one. I found that the stock cable caused dropouts, and replacing it with a different cable fixed things. 
  2. Second, and only if 1 does not work, try to factory-reset your *TV*. 

For what it’s worth, my Arc is connected via ARC to a sony TV (2017 model) and I do not experience your issue.

Badge

Hi Oriboaz, 

Unfortunately, the new hdmi did not work, I have another diagnostic 1110218524. I will try the optical connection to see if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

-oz

Badge

As the new hdmi didn't work, I just did a factory reset and will see how that goes.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Ozz.  I’m also experiencing this issue, connected to a 2020 Sony A85 OLED.

Sometimes the Arc wakes after 10secs or so. Sometimes it doesn’t at all and I switch tv off/on to resolve.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sounds like the TV is buggy in the ARC department (or possibly CEC). Try temporarily switching to optical and see how well that works.

Badge

Hey Pompeygreg, 

Yeah, I also reset the tv with a new hdmi, no improvement. 

Thanks controlav, that is the next step, just ordered the hdmi adapter, though with that you lose atmos.

We will see.

Thanks

Same behavior. Instead of turn tv off /on, in tv settings, I switch to tv audio and select back external audio to make is work again.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Did you set “TV autoplay” from the Sonos app?

Badge

I got it to work by changing one of the sony tv audio settings, I think PCM or something like that. I will check and post, but that got it working great. Doesnt cut out and is properly synced.

Badge

I get the same  same issue with my Arc  Samsung Q80. Regularly, at least once a day the sound will stop when we change what we are watching. It can happen when changing channels on normal TV or when starting a stream from a built in app.  You get no sound at all and can sometimes be fixed by muting and un-muting (doesn't work very often) changing channel again or restarting the streaming app works in most cases but  in a few cases the TV needs restarting/re booting.  Have tried the sound settings on the TV and it makes no difference :-(