Question

Arc, LG C6, Apple TV 4K, Oppo UHD-203, Xbox One - no Atmos!

• 13 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I got my Arc yesterday. Connected via HDMI ARC and no passthrough at all from LG C6 TV of anything other than DD5.1.

Not entirely unexpected but really disappointing nonetheless.

I have to say though even 5.1 sounds fantastic compared to my old Playbase.

I tried the secondary HDMI Audio only out from my Oppo player and get no audio from this (nixing at least one cunning plan). As others have said the Arc needs the handshaking that HDMI ARC does and not just a HDMI out.

I have lots of HiRes sources capable of putting out Dolby Atmos but the Arc will only take a signal via my TV which is the bottleneck. I am not replacing the TV anytime soon so I have to hope the LPCM update might give me access to some of what the Arc can really do.

Till then - it’s giving me some of the best 5.1 I’ve heard in a long time...

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I encountered the exact same issue, although I use a Samsung TV (Q80R) that doesn’t support eArc.

Does LG C6 support eArc? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Does LG C6 support eArc? 

It does, but according to other threads the most recent firmware update has a regression that affects Sonos Arc functionality.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Does LG C6 support eArc? 

It does, but according to other threads the most recent firmware update has a regression that affects Sonos Arc functionality.

No eArc.  Just HDMI arc on the c6.  But people have reported that the Arc works to pass compressed DD+ Atmos signals.  It wont pass TrueHD from the Oppo.

EDIT:  I’m reading only the C7 and newer will pass Atmos through Arc (c9 and cx have eArc).  See https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1498718191

OP - you may want to preorder the HDFury Arcana https://hdfury.com/product/4k-arcana-18gbps/ .  That’s probably your only option short of buying a new TV.