I brought home an Arc yesterday and following set-up, have run into numerous issues (I’m a long-time Sonos user, have 5 other speakers, have never had issues). It’s connected to a brand new Sony A8H, with I believe all settings properly configured (eARC < Auto, Pass-thru < Auto, etc.).
Some issues I’ve encountered so far:
- Wildly inconsistent when playing music, especially in tandem with other speakers. Three quarters of the time the speaker doesn’t even appear in the app..
- Get frequent errors, delays and pauses when trying to start music when in the rare situation, the Arc does appear within the app
- When appearing in the app and playing music (a rare situation), volume is finicky and delayed when trying to control thru the app (might take 5 seconds for the volume to adjust to desired level).
- Arc seems to work when using as a soundbar with my TV - but similar to the above issue, most of the time doesn’t appear in the app.
- When testing with Atmos (using built-in Netflix app) - and in the rare situation, the Arc is showing in the app (and displaying “Dolby Atmos”) - I truly hear no difference between Atmos and non...am I missing any other obvious settings from my TV?
So far this has been a very frustrating ordeal, especially when I’ve never run into any real issues across my Sonos network. Any ideas?