Question

Arc inside Just-Racks (Spectral) cabinet

• 24 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2

I currently use a PlayBar inside a Just-Racks 1654 cabinet/entertainment center, that has a cloth front and special sound bar mount so it passes through PlayBar audio just fine. For pictures of the cabinet, check this site. I’m considering replacing the PlayBar with the Arc but would like to put it inside the cabinet.

The soundbar mount is height adjustable, so the sound bar can get 10+ cm space on the top, but obviously the cabinet will still block some of the sound that’s going up vertically compared to when it’s on top of the cabinet. And there are sides that potentially block part of the left and right firing speakers, they’re approx 25 cm from the Arc’s sides. 

According to Spectral (Just-Racks parent company) the Arc works well and they’ve tested it with the Arc with good results, but I’d like to get a second opinion, hope that somebody here has experimented with putting the Arc inside a cabinet vs on top of it, and compare the difference. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @jeroen020, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community. I appreciate you for letting us know your concern.  I’d be happy to help you here.

The Sonos Arc was designed to use a tabletop orientation by sitting on a surface, or to be wall-mounted below your TV. If you plan on using Arc in an entertainment center, we do recommend at least 5.5 inches to be clear above Arc so the up-firing speakers have enough room to create crisp, vertical channels. 

For optimal listening, the Sonos Arc smartly detects when it is attached to the mount and automatically adjusts the EQ to temper bass resonance from the wall. You can adjust the bass, treble, balance, or loudness of your Sonos speakers can be done in a few simple steps using the Sonos app depending on your preferred sound. You can tune your Sonos speakers with Trueplay. Trueplay measures how sound reflects off walls, furnishings, and other surfaces in a room, then fine-tunes your Sonos speaker to make sure it sounds great no matter where you've placed it.

You can try placing your Sonos Arc inside Just-Racks and observe the audio quality. We can wait for suggestions and feedback from our Sonos community members, they might provide a suggestion about this. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.