Answered

ARC feet space and ordering question

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi

Im interested in purchasing the new Sonos ARC, but my TV stand is slightly too short, can anyone tell me the distance between the feet under the speaker, as Im hoping it would still support it ok but with a slight overhang.

Also does anyone know if you backorder the ARC do Sonos take money immediately or when item is despatched.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by craigski 22 June 2020, 13:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

It’s “all feet “ under the ARC  :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

In the images it looks like at each end there is feet?

I just need to know if it will be ok on my TV stand as the ARC is slightly longer.

I just need to know if it will be ok on my TV stand as the ARC is slightly longer.

There are no feet.  it sits flat along almost all its length. See pic.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

There are no feet.  it sits flat along almost all its length. See pic.

ah great, do you know the distance between the part that sits flat please?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

The feet are 105cm apart, between the feet its flat rubber.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

The feet are 105cm apart, between the feet its flat rubber.

Brilliant thank you:relaxed:

There is no 105cm “apart”: there is one “foot” and it is 106cm(105,5) wide (and the ARC is 114 cm wide): There is no distance between the feet: there is only one “foot”!

@ledzep1  In short: It will be ok: and you dont need to worry! There will be 4cm on each end that doesnt have “feet”, the rest will bee one big foot!

Edit: Or in other words: Its one “foot” with a overhang of 4cm at each end

Edit2: Oh, and they will pull the money from your account when they dispatch the item, not before! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

There is no 105cm “apart”: there is one “foot” and it is 106cm(105,5) wide (and the ARC is 114 cm wide): There is no distance between the feet: there is only one “foot”!

@ledzep1  In short: It will be ok: and you dont need to worry! There will be 4cm on each end that doesnt have “feet”, the rest will bee one big foot!

Edit: Or in other words: Its one “foot” with a overhang of 4cm at each end

Edit2: Oh, and they will pull the money from your account when they dispatch the item, not before! 

ha, thanks, that will fit fine.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Forgot to ask something about DTS 

My LG CX cannot passthrough DTS and the Sonos ARC cannot do DTS either.

What would happen if I play a bluray or UHD in DTS, would I get no sound at all or would I get just stereo?

Thanks

What would happen if I play a bluray or UHD in DTS, would I get no sound at all or would I get just stereo?

Thanks

If both the tv and player are set to ‘auto’ they will likely automatically play PCM stereo. On some players `however you may have to manually switch to PCM stereo in its audio-out settings menu.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Thanks

If both the tv and player are set to ‘auto’ they will likely automatically play PCM stereo. On some players `however you may have to manually switch to PCM stereo in its audio-out settings menu.

I think on TV I have passthrough and bitstream and on my oppo203 bitstream.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

These are the feet I referred to, they are 105cm apart