Arc Arrived - Initial Impressions

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

26 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Well I’m afraid I won’t be purchasing the Arc. I really wanted to love the Arc but after a demo in a proper sound room I think the Playbar does a better job when it comes to music, I really do. We then move to the Elephant in the room i.e. the Arc’s size. It’s simply to big. I have a 55 inch C9 on a glass table top stand and the Arc would be hanging off either end, frankly looking ridiculous. The Playbar hits the sweetspot when it comes to size. Sorry Sonos, it may have all the right credentials but my hard earned cash will be staying in my pocket.

I have the Arc and LG C9 55 OLED TV and the TV is about 4 inches wider than the Arc (2 inch either side). It therefore sounds like your glass TV unit is the issue and you cannot point a finger at Sonos (or LG for that matter) about the TV unit, that is really something for you to address.

Just to add the Arc in our home, with both sub and surrounds sounds awesome, worth every penny spent ...and perfectly compliments the excellent C9 TV too.

It isn't simply the size, though I think asthetic wise it is to big. The music reproduction just isn't as good as my Playbar, it really isn't. I purchased the Playbar at launch and will continue with it for the foreseeable.