ARC and Samsung frame TV

• 23 August 2020
  • 12 replies

Just purchased a Sonos arc and about to buy a Samsung frame TV i am hearing that the arc won’t work properly with this tv . Can anyone advise .

Thanks 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Bailey2cars.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

It’s nice to know that you have just purchased a Sonos Arc, congratulations on having a  new one.

I’d be more than glad to help and get this figured out and ensure that you will able to take advantage of the features the product offers.

To better understand, can you tell me more about what is happening?

Can you describe further the issue you are experiencing when it’s not working properly?

Kindly submit a diagnostic report, and reply with the confirmation number.

I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything causing this issue.

You may refer to this article about TV requirement for Sonos home theater speakers, it will describe some basic requirements when using Sonos speakers with your TV.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Hi I have yet to purchase the tv yet just didn’t want to outlay that amount of money on the television if not compatible with the arc 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

According to the specs it has an HDMI ARC port to connect to.   But it will not produce Dolby Atmos, because that requires HDMI eARC  (Extended Audio Return Channel).   But the Sonos Arc speaker will work besides that.

Thanks Michael 

Hello - Do we have a resolution for this issue? I have a new (2020 Samsung Frame TV and the new Sonos Arc. However, I can not get them to work together. On their specs sheets its seems like they should work very easily together but that is not the case. Can anyone help?

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @XBOX.

Thanks for reaching out, let me help and try to figure this out.

To better understand what’s happening, can you tell us more about it?

Kindly reproduce the issue you’re experiencing, then submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system as well as the status of the devices, it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.

Confirmation #2138964672

I connect my new Sonos ARC to my new 2020 Samsung Frame TV and they do not work together. I have been on both the Samsung and Sonos message boards and a lot of people are having the same issue. Can you help me / everyone on a solution? 

The Sonos ARC should be able to plug directly into the eARC port on the Samsung connect box and then just work. 

Make sense? Please contact me with any questions? 

@Annazel S - Any update?

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @XBOX.

Thanks for your response and my apologies for the delayed response time.

Upon checking the diagnostic report, the system is not detecting a home theater device directly connected via HDMI, and Arc is not receiving any audio signal.

I did research and saw this thread on the Samsung community about One Connect and eARC:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/potential-major-issue-with-2020-samsung-tv-s-with-one-connect/td-p/1857527

According to this thread, the issue seems to be resolved through the latest update from Samsung TV but I’m not certain if this applies also to Frame TV:

https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/sonos-arc-and-samsung-earc-compatibility-issues-6844769/index3.html

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.

This is terrible customer service. Why not respond to the issue clearly with a planned resolution instead of continually providing a canned response over and over again!

I am also having the same problem, on the phone with everyone, no help

I have been having the same issue! I have continually reset my Samsung back to factory settings (now going on five times) and reinstalled the Sonos Arc on HDMI 3 as instructed. It works for awhile, then gets dropped. I go thru this process again (Sixth time) and now the Samsung TV does not even see the HDMI 3 that the Arc is connected to. This is very frustrating that two supposedly reputable companies cannot get this figured out. If they are not compatible, then just say it rather than gives us instructions that inevitably fails. I submitted diagnostics, spoke to a Samsung tech rep and still nothing improves. By the way each time I reset my Samsung TV, to factory settings to reinstall the Arc, I have to reinstall all the Apps and sign on each one AGAIN. Such a pain in the A**.