Question

Apple TV Very Low Volume with Sonos Beam

• 9 August 2020
  • 4 replies

My Sonos Beam is connected by optical to my LG TV. Everything else is connected by HDMI. For some reason, the volume is extremely low when I'm using my Apple TV 4K or the Xbox One X. But the volume is full and rich with great surrounds when I'm using the Roku Ultra, LG 4K BD player, DirecTV, or streaming through the LG TV. I cannot figure out why the volume is so low on the ATV and Xbox. The sound is just so lifeless and quiet.  It sounds like the volume is coming through a 20” tv speaker system.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi @JediStreamer 

Is there a HDMI switch between the AppleTV/Xbox that ultimately connects to a HDMI port on your TV? 

no, the Apple TV is connected directly from the unit to HDMI port on the LG.

Userlevel 7

Hi @JediStreamer 

Check you HMDI cable for damage. Make sure it’s seated properly on both ends. Aslo make sure the cable is HDMI 2.0

Make sure the audio mode in the ATV menu is set to Auto and not 16 bit. Only use 16 Bit if your TV requires it. You might turn -off the Reduce Loud Sounds option.

Cheers!

The same cable used with the Roku is being used on the ATV. Audio settings are all correct.