Question

Apple TV still PCM 2.0 and not 5.1?

• 14 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi,

I have Apple TV, LG c9 and updated my arc but I am still only getting 2.0 on 5.1 content such as Netflix when the Apple TV is set to auto? The atmos works ok but why am I still not gettting 5.1? I thought the lpcm update would solve this?

many thanks,

dan

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @danielkea, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community. I appreciate for bringing your concern to us and letting us know about it. Let me help you out with this. Apple TV 4K doesn’t output Dolby Digital Plus ( Atmos) signals. To receive a Dolby digital Plus encoded Atmos signal to your Sonos Arc, your LG TV needs to have eARC, and/ or that the TV needs to support transcoding LPCM signal. You may check this out with Apple’s support and refer to this article Play audio in Dolby Atmos or surround sound on your Apple TV. Hope this helps. If you need help with any other information, Please be sure to let us know.