Apple tv 4k won’t play audio from YouTubeTV over Sonos amp speakers

• 6 November 2020
  • 3 replies

I tried searching the existing posts without any clear information for my problem. 

goal: stream audio from Apple TV app such as YouTube tv over wireless to Sonos amp

Setup:

-ATV 4K connected to Samsung tv over hdmi (2 setups one atv connected over Ethernet other over wireless)

-Sonos amp with speakers connected to internet router over Ethernet

Sonos amp speakers works when I stream music from Sonos app or AirPlay youtubetv on iPhone

on either Apple TV (current fw) Sonos appears as an audio out but when selected nothing is heard...

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Coffeehouse101, thank you for reaching out to us and welcome the Sonos community. I’d be happy to help you all here and it would be best for those having trouble submitting a diagnostic report of your system for better understanding and see what would be best for the setup. Reply to us with the confirmation number. Also, I’d appreciate it if you can provide us the make and model of your TV and the devices connected to it and how are they connected. We and the community are always here to help.

both tv setups are having issues. The more basic setup is as follows

samsung tv: UN60H7100AF, current fw

apple tv 4K, current fw

sonos amp model S16 current fw connected to modem via Ethernet, same issue with Sonos settings Wi-Fi on or off, no change when toggling atv audio format btw auto and Dolby digital 5.1

-Atv hdmi to tv arc hdmi input 

-hdmi-Cec enabled on tv to use atv remote for volume

-Sonos amp appears on atv as audio out, when selected volume bar appears on atv for amp

-atv apps that play audio to amp: atv apple movie, Netflix, HBO max

-atv apps that don’t work :YouTube tv v. 1.5.2 produces no sound on amp

-iPhone YouTube streaming to amp over Wi-Fi works

Conclusion: issue unique to atv YouTube tv…..

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Coffeehouse101, thank you for updating us and submitting the diagnostic report. Upon checking, there’s no issue found in the report that might be causing the issue. This could be a setting on your Apple TV why you’re not getting audio when you stream on YouTube TV. I would recommend contacting Apple TV support to check the configuration and to further assist you on this. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know. We're here to answer any further questions you have.