App changers volume on iphone

• 26 February 2018
  • 19 replies

Sort this app out, need to stop it changing phone volume when you change speaker volume

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Just use the on screen volume slide rather than the hard buttons.
That’s what I use but it still changes the phone volume, it’s going to be a pain probably end up sending the sound bar and the 2 ones back then go back to bose or B&O
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Just standard iphone behaviour. Does the same for spotify, youtube and every other app. How will it be different for the Base or browse?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
When you are in the Sonos app it controls sonos. When your out of Sonos it controls phone volume as it should.

Its probably lock screen control where your running into issues with it increasing phone volume and sonos volume. I wouldn't use the lock screen control (its half way done because of so many ios lockouts and workarounds). Go to settings on phone scroll down to Sonos and disable lock screen screen controls and you'll be happier for it.
I only use this sonos crap for my tv surround sound, at least with Bose or B&O you get a proper remote instead of a useless app
So everyone you want to change the volume you have to unlock your phone that open the app! Yeah great tech I think not, this crap is going back
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Every single device is going to have the same issue no matter what brand. Your being rather unreasonable. It is apple that causes the issue. Everyone using lock screen controls on apple has to pretend its on the device to get apple to recognize it. Because of the way apple implements lock screen control your phone volume is going to adjust with the lock screen. I don't know what you think your going to accomplish differently with another brand as long as you have an iPhone.

Android you can have actual lock screen widgets etc. to adjust volume and wouldn't have this issue. Return your iPhone before returning Sonos.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
There is a program called Sonobit which I believe creates a widget in the apple notification center that may be more to your liking. It should work a lot better then Apple Lock Screen controls - which are horrible but its apples fault.

Check it out it may solve your problem. There is a lot more 3rd party support for Sonos then you will ever find for another brand.
Only use it for watching tv so don’t need the app except for the volume, if sonos did a remote everything would be fine, just like other speaker manufacturers, but that’s obviously to simple
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Logitech Harmony remotes will adjust Sonos volume.

There is the keypad https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/xpress-audio-keypad.html
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
For TV you say..... what Sonos speaker do you have. Sonos Playbar (for TV) can be controlled by about any remote control.
Play bar and 2 ones, if you use the tv remote it also uses the tv sound which defeats the point of the sonos surround sound, yet you pay hundreds of pounds then go and buy another remote, should come as standard, anyway is all getting boxed up and sent back utter crap for the price
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Use a remote control from another tv. Just program another brand remote.

You can’t disable the internal speakers on the tv?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Okay whatever you say.
Why should you have to do that, it’s just a crap system
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Nope it works perfectly. Because normally instead of having some separate remote people enjoy it as using the volume control of their existing tv so they don’t have to have multiple remotes. Gives flexibility of using about any remote.

Normally people turn off the internal speakers of tv using playbar and the. Use the remote for that tv (doesn’t turn up tv speakers as they disable them in the tv menu).

I would not want to use a second remote for my playbar. I use the remote that came with my tv.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
So the OP just wants to be angry and not set up the system as it is designed and then call it "crap". That's just odd.

One of the great features of the playbar in our house is that it is controlled seamlessly via the TV or Sky remote. That's because we have it set up as s designed.

Maybe this is just a rant about the CR100?

In not feeding anymore.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Play bar and 2 ones, if you use the tv remote it also uses the tv sound which defeats the point of the sonos surround sound, yet you pay hundreds of pounds then go and buy another remote, should come as standard, anyway is all getting boxed up and sent back utter crap for the price
What TV model do you have?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I’ve been here long enough to know some people just like to complain. You can’t reason with them as nothing will satisfy them. What you think is irrelevant they just want what they want and everything else is crap. Yes we all know we would rather have one remote for tv doing everything. And if we didn’t we probably have 1-2 old remotes in a drawer that could be used as a seperate remote. But some people don’t want to hear anything. He asked why Sonos didn’t make a remote and I linked him to a Sonos remote (which he dismissed as he left of the part about not wanting to pay for one).