Any experience with Sonos AMP + Architectural in-ceiling?

• 2 February 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

All,

My girlfriend and I are building a new house. We currently have several Sonos-speakers, but after some debate we’ve landed on in-ceiling speakers for the living room and dining-area.

For the living room, I expect to go with 4 of the Sonos/Sonance in-ceiling combined with two AMPs and my Sonos-sub to create a 4.1/5.1 (virtual center) surround-setup.

I am looking for any reallife experience with a similar set-up before I close the deal with our contractor.

We used to have a complete setup with a Sonos Playbar, two Play:3s and the Sonos Sub in our living-room so any comparison with that would be much appreciated.

Depending on the input we get, I might consider switching the fronts to something larger and better angled at the listening position than the Sonos/Sonance-speakers. However, I would appreciate the possibility to use Trueplay, as the living room will be on the 1st floor with an open space to the dining room (you can walk to the end of the living and look down at the kitchen /dining-area).

I know that in-wall speakers or floor standing speakers would be preferred for this set-up, but discretenes won over function. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Consider Amina speakers on the TV wall and ceiling. These will be invisible after installed. Ceiling speakers for the front’s is a bad idea. If the front speakers image well, you will not miss the center.

These speakers are different and defy traditional rules of thumb -- if properly installed and they are easy to install. These speakers handle difficult, “live” rooms very well and the “image” is stable over a wide area.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Thank you buzz. 

For now, I am mainly looking for any experience with the Sonos/Sonance in-ceiling for me to make a decision. 

Any insights would be appreciated at this stage; how do they sound?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

I know I have seen a couple of posts from users setting these up, so there most be some experience with the speakers out there?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Bump

Badge

Did you ever go with the ceiling speakers for TV? I am considering a similar setup for porch