Answered

advice pn sound balance

• 30 December 2021
  • 2 replies

So I have an arc, two SL’s and a sub. Overall I love the quality I’m getting. However I do have some issues with hearing dialogue in movies. I feel there’s a balancing issue. The background music and effects are great but they’re considerably louder than the dialogue which causes me to to crank the volume to hear/understand the dialogue. 

I haven’t found a way to balance this in the app so I’ve been thinking of adding a Sonos five (or a second arc) behind the viewing area of my sectional. Any advice?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 30 December 2021, 03:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you performed Trueplay tuning? You can also lower the TV Level under the Surround Audio settings so the One SLs aren’t overpowering the Arc. Turning on the Speech Enhancement and Night Sound feature can also help.

Adding a Five or Arc behind your viewing area will not help. You will have to group these speakers to your current Arc setup in the Sonos app which would result in a slight audio delay from the speaker.

Have you performed Trueplay tuning? You can also lower the TV Level under the Surround Audio settings so the One SLs aren’t overpowering the Arc. Turning on the Speech Enhancement and Night Sound feature can also help.

Adding a Five or Arc behind your viewing area will not help. You will have to group these speakers to your current Arc setup in the Sonos app which would result in a slight audio delay from the speaker.

I have tried all of these options. Still having the same issue.