Answered

Advice for support to listen to Dolby Atmos from ARC

• 7 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

Good evening everyone, welcome back and greetings from Rome :hand_splayed_tone1:

I have been a happy owner of the ARC soundbar and the ONE speakers for a few weeks (waiting for the Sub ...)

As you know better than me, we have the ability to listen to Dolby Atmos with our ARC.

Unfortunately, the various Playstations 4 and 5 do not have the possibility to play this format ...
What do you recommend for watching bluray and 4k movies and taking advantage of ARC's dolby atmos?

Thanks to everyone as always! :relaxed:

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 7 December 2021, 21:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

If your TV is equipped with HDMI eARC, you should be able to play lossless Dolby TrueHD/Dolby Atmos audio from Blu-ray and UHD discs on the PS4 and PS5. What model TV do you have?

Badge

Thanks for your kind reply.
I have the Panasonic JZ1500 TV, and I set the audio in Pass Through.

Userlevel 7

In the TV settings, make sure eARC is enabled or turned on.

On the PS4 or PS5, set the Audio Output settings to this:

Primary Output Port - HDMI OUT

Audio Format (Priority) - Bitstream (Dolby)

AND while playing the Blu-ray disc, press Options on the controller, select Settings or the “...” and set Audio Format to Bitstream (Direct).

Badge

Yes, all done already, thank you very much!
So from the playstation I can now hear the bluray and 4K (obviously thanks to the TV that supports atmos) with dolby atmos audio, even if the Playstations don't support this format? Avoid buying a bluray or 4K player that reads the Atmos?

Userlevel 7

Playstations DO support Dolby Atmos audio but just on Blu-ray and UHD discs, not on its streaming apps. You don’t need to purchase another Blu-ray or UHD player.

With those settings I posted, does the Sonos app display the Dolby Atmos logo on the Now Playing screen when playing a Dolby Atmos-encoded Blu-ray disc? You can also check under Settings > System > About My System and “Audio In:” under the Arc information should display “Dolby Atmos (TrueHD)”.

Badge

I just tried. Yes, the Sonos app gives me "Dolby Atmos". :relaxed: