Question

Adding Sonos ONE as a surround sound to Playbar but only temporary.

• 15 February 2018
  • 1 reply

i recently purchased a PLAYBAR and (2) Sonos ONE speakers. Each Speaker is in a different room. I want to use the SonosONE speakers as a surround sound on select nights (Movie Night) and temporarily set them up as such. After the movie I would move them back. Is it possible to do this? I have had trouble setting them up through the APP as surround sound but after i spoke to someone, he said I need to reset and place them all in the same room. Is this idea possible at all, knowing the primary function of the SONOS ONE speakers is music in the kitchen and bedroom, but once a week to move them to the FAMILY ROOM with PLAYBAR for surround sound. Thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

It's certainly possible to move between the two modes, but I'll be honest, it's a pain. There's a lot of keypresses involved each time you move between modes.

You can always re-purpose a Sonos speaker using the controller software. It's just a matter of the amount of effort you're willing to go through.

My recommendation is try it a couple of weeks, and see how you feel. My prediction is, you'll end up buying a couple of spares to use as the surrounds. But then again, I'm lazy. 🙂