Answered

Adding Connect to NUVO NV-18GM

• 1 March 2018
  • 2 replies

I hab=ve the above NUVO system and I am trying to replace an iPod dock with a SONOS Connect. Should be as simple as unplugging the dock and plugging that connection to the Connect. BUT all I get is a rhythmic thumping from my system. Any suggestions? I know the NUVO is an old system but it is working OK
icon

Best answer by Chris 1 March 2018, 23:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
No the ipod dock doesn't connect to the normal RCA inputs. Your Nuvo should have band of Inputs (probably 6 of them) all red white RCA inputs. Hook the Connect to one of the inputs. Then you just need to program the Nuvo to show that input number in your menus on the controllers.
I have a NUVO iPod dock that I unplugged from the system. That connection was then plugged in to the Connect and still nothing. This is an older NUVO and to make cg=hanges to it needs to be done from an old laptop with a serial port!!!
I was told that all I had to do was download the app (done) and plug it in. May have to go back to the supplier.
Thanks