Answered

90 degree mains connector

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi. I am mounting my Playbar on the wall and would like the wiring to be as discreet as possible. I was originally going to use a ninety degree connector for the figure of eight mains cable but now realise that will not work as the socket on the Playbar is recessed. Anyone found a neat solution to this? Any help hugely appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 1 July 2022, 19:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Usually, when you mount a PLAYBAR, you’re changing the orientation of it 90 degrees, so that the cable would be coming in straight from the bottom. There’s a sensor inside the device to detect that orientation change, although if memory serves, it’s read at startup, so you wouldn’t want to plug in power until it was hung on the wall….kind of a normal case anyway. 

Since you’re using “mains” as a descriptor, I’m guessing your not in the US, but see this FAQ:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4954?language=en_US

It shows the PLAYBAR mounted at the 90 degrees as I suggested, although they flip it depending on whether it’s above or below the TV set. In either case, that 90 degree wiring change isn’t necessary.