5.1 Setup with sonos 1,5, and beam

• 5 October 2018
  • 3 replies

Good day,
Seems like im one of these lucky folks who a sales man managed to win over me...

I seem to have bought

2x play 5
2x play 1
1x Sub
1x Beam

The setup I was aiming is pretty simple

Beam for middle and tv input
sonos 5's for left and right
sonos 1's rear left and right
and well sub oubviously...

And I seem to have passed the 30 days return... So what do i do? Is there any plans from sonos from letting us setup our own 5.1 or some day 7.1 setup?

Thanks!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Sonos has not announced any plans. If I were in your situation, I would move the play:5s to my bedroom and enjoy it there. If Sonos does ever have a 7.1 system or some other new HT configuration, you'll be ready.

Oh, and I would avoid the store that sold me the speakers based on false information.
Sonos has not announced any plans. If I were in your situation, I would move the play:5s to my bedroom and enjoy it there. If Sonos does ever have a 7.1 system or some other new HT configuration, you'll be ready.

Oh, and I would avoid the store that sold me the speakers based on false information.

Alright thanks!
Don't get me wrong that store is in my personal black list now 😨
Joink,

If you’re not going to complain about the mis-selling of some of the items (admittedly, I would!), then maybe choose to bond the Beam to the Play:1’s and use those as a 5.0 surround sound system with a TV, in either the Living Room, or Dining Room and use the two 5’s as a 'stereo pair', to get music where would likely get best use from those speakers.

Note this however ... if you were to put, what would become two separate 'Sonos Rooms' within the Sonos App, together, in the same physical room like your Living Room for example and then go onto 'Group' them together via the App 'Rooms Tab', you may find with the new Sonos Beam, that you can get all the Grouped output to lip-sync with the TV screen, particularly for stereo broadcasts.

If you do encounter any small lip-sync issues, there is a lip-sync slider bar in the Beams 'Room Settings' in the Sonos App (Advanced Audio/TV Dialog Settings) which 'might' resolve those type of sync issues. It has to be worth trying, at least, as the audio output, if it works, will still sound very good anyway.