Question

5.1 setup with play 3

• 2 November 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge +1
Current the full 5.1 setup with play 1s as my left and right. Has anyone had experience using play 3s as the left and right? Was there a big difference in sound?

I currently have 2 play 3s on the way. Deciding if I should place them around the house or change them out with the play 1s and put the 1s around the house.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Most people consider the play:1s more than adequate for surround duties. The play:3s will be more impressive if you're listening to music with the Full setting enabled.
Badge +1
Maybe I'll just place the 3s around the house.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yes 3's would be better around house then as surrounds. As the 3's have a little more mid-range. With the 5.1 setup having a sub in it you are handling bass already pretty good so the 3's wouldn't be much use in the surround setup.
Badge +1
Awesome. Thanks guys!
I replaced my play:1 with Play:3. While it does sound a little better It was not really that much of a difference. I am considering putting the1 ones back and using the 3s in other rooms. have not decided on that yet. But if I had to do it again I would stay with the 1s and use the bigger speakers in other rooms.