3rd party subs working fine

• 13 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Well, I'm not sure if I'm just lucky, or not. I got a Sonos arc, + a pair of one sl's. Grouped them together. Added the amp, and connected my subs to the RCA output. Working just lovely. No delays, no lip sync issues, nothing. Yes, I do need to adjust the level periodically, depending on content and hardware. I get full atmos thru my panasonic JZ 2000 OLED. I must say, the sound is simply stunning. I see why Sonos has the following that it does. Thanks! 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

There’ll be a small delay. It’s just that at the bass frequencies, with little in the way of transients, you don’t notice it. 

You are of course not getting the LFE/.1 channel through your sub(s) as originally intended. The signal sent to the grouped Amp is simply a stereo downmix.

Thanks for the response. My hearing isn't what it used to be. But at this point, I've heard no delays, and if I'm not getting the,. 1 as you suggest. I'm certainly not hearing the loss of it. In comparison to my Focal soundbar, which I replaced for the Sonos. Playing back identical material. My subs are hitting at the same exact depth. Erhaps it's the subs themselves, that simply produce the constant power and depth, irregardless. They are the Krell Reference 12's. Thanks again for the input, greatly appreciated. 😁.