Answered

2 x Sonos Play:1 for individual channel usage with TV

• 29 October 2017
  • 2 replies

Hi there,

I would like to use 2 Play:1’s with my TV and have left and right channels. I understand there is a LOT of complications doing this.

I know that I can use an RCA to optical audio adapter and then the adapter to a Sonos CONNECT and then finally to the speakers. However, will the channels be individual (left and right)? If not, what do I have to do to achieve this? Also, would I be able to stream music via the Sonos app to the speakers or will they be just for the audio coming out of the TV?

Kind regards, W Collins
icon

Best answer by mstrat 30 October 2017, 02:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Thanks so much. Great help ??
You've got it figured out. You can connect the TV to a Connect, it'll take both L&R channels. When you setup the 2 Play:1's, just set them up to work in Stereo mode together when setting them up. They'll work just fine with both channels. You have setup the Play:1's as a room in Sonos, so you can play any streaming service supported by Sonos through the speakers just fine...or choose the Connect to listen to the TV