Answered

2 x Sonos Play:1 for individual channel usage with TV

• 29 October 2017
  • 2 replies

Hi there,

I would like to use 2 Play:1’s with my TV and have left and right channels. I understand there is a LOT of complications doing this.

I know that I can use an RCA to optical audio adapter and then the adapter to a Sonos CONNECT and then finally to the speakers. However, will the channels be individual (left and right)? If not, what do I have to do to achieve this? Also, would I be able to stream music via the Sonos app to the speakers or will they be just for the audio coming out of the TV?

Kind regards, W Collins
icon

Best answer by mstrat 30 October 2017, 02:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

You've got it figured out. You can connect the TV to a Connect, it'll take both L&R channels. When you setup the 2 Play:1's, just set them up to work in Stereo mode together when setting them up. They'll work just fine with both channels. You have setup the Play:1's as a room in Sonos, so you can play any streaming service supported by Sonos through the speakers just fine...or choose the Connect to listen to the TV
Thanks so much. Great help ??