14.14 is out, did it fix Arc+Sub for you?

• 23 August 2022
  • 84 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Just updated to 14.14. The issue with Arc+Sub is not fixed. Anyone with better luck?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

84 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Folks,

Later today there will be a software release and whilst we have been working to deliver the fix you have been waiting for, it’s not ready yet. We understand that it’s disappointing that this has not yet been resolved.  We can assure you that we’re working on making sure the Sub performs as it’s expected, and we’ll let you know as soon as there is any news.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Thank you for your honesty, besides an actual fix it goes such a long way to build confidence back. 

I was a big fan of sonos but since the last update, my home theater is a garbage. No more punchs bass as before. Even when I do disable trueplay nothing change for me. For a billion dollar company, taking more than 2 weeks to fix a problem like this is inacceptable. When sonos was at their beginning I convinced many of my friends to buy sonos products. The price was premium but in my eyes and many others it was de rolls royce of connected sound.

I wait for the update to fix my problem since 2 months I think. When the update will be available I will turn autoupdate off and for now I will avoid any other sonos products.

When you take the time to lunch a new product (the sub mini) knowing that your main product (the normal sub) is still broken you clearly give the middle finger for your previous and actual consummers and you just try to sell new products.

good luck with this marketing strategy,I will be curious to see your results next year.

I own the sonos arc, 2x one Sl, 2 sonos five, 2 sonos sub, 2 sonos play 5.

For me until this company changes and become what it was previously I will avoid any sonos products.

good luck

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Folks,

Later today there will be a software release and whilst we have been working to deliver the fix you have been waiting for, it’s not ready yet. We understand that it’s disappointing that this has not yet been resolved.  We can assure you that we’re working on making sure the Sub performs as it’s expected, and we’ll let you know as soon as there is any news.

Definitely appreciate the update Corry.  I am very disappointed that Sonos couldn’t at least roll things back to the way everything worked/sounded prior to 14.12 however.  It’s been ~2 months since the update “broke” the sub for thousands of users and that is simply unacceptable.  A quick rollback would have been the correct move on Sonos’ part and this is what should have happened.  Virtually every major software company (I work for one) has a way to cease rolling out a software update and revert to the previous build if something substantial is found to be broken.

Not trying to shoot the messenger and I do truly appreciate you providing us with an update, but I do not understand this decision (or lack thereof) by Sonos.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

After update my system did require reconfiguration of Arc+sub +surrounds to include initial setup of Trueplay.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@Corry P

Thanks for the transparency, much appreciated. Since we are now transparant to each other, can you tell us about what the sub-mini has to do with it?

I am bordered with something and just can't get it out of my head… I do believe, because te sub-mini has launched, the engineers clamp on the “new sound profile”, because they might be afraid to fix our problem, with the risk of killing the sound profile for the sub-mini. Because when that happens, the sales at the retailers will not be as high as expected. So they keep this bug in play until the sub-mini is in the stores for demonstrations to the customer, and after that, the fix will roll out to the public. Since once the demo models of the sub-mini are at the retailers, they probably won't update it anymore. So then it’s safe to roll out a fix, and that way everyone wins. Sonos sells their new product, and the existing costumers (for who are still using Sonos and didn't get rid of it) are happy too….

Just me thinking out loud… Just a thought, but the longer I think about it, the more sense it makes to (at least) me.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

deleted

Wow, it's more than two months now. Two months! Sorry, but i just don't feel secure anymore in buying you products.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

@Corry P

Thanks for the transparency, much appreciated. Since we are now transparant to each other, can you tell us about what the sub-mini has to do with it?

I am bordered with something and just can't get it out of my head… I do believe, because te sub-mini has launched, the engineers clamp on the “new sound profile”, because they might be afraid to fix our problem, with the risk of killing the sound profile for the sub-mini. Because when that happens, the sales at the retailers will not be as high as expected. So they keep this bug in play until the sub-mini is in the stores for demonstrations to the customer, and after that, the fix will roll out to the public. Since once the demo models of the sub-mini are at the retailers, they probably won't update it anymore. So then it’s safe to roll out a fix, and that way everyone wins. Sonos sells their new product, and the existing costumers (for who are still using Sonos and didn't get rid of it) are happy too….

Just me thinking out loud… Just a thought, but the longer I think about it, the more sense it makes to (at least) me.

Shame American business is such, that not only do have to consider strategy like @JeroenVR details, there is probability that is has validity...