Answered

12.1 Update and Rear Surrounds

• 30 September 2020
  • 10 replies

Hi everyone,

With the 12.1 update to all devices today my Arc + Sub + One SL rears setup is no longer working. The Sonos app can no longer find either of the rear SLs. Rebooting the router, resetting and reinstalling all devices including the Arc will allow it to try to reconnect the rear One SLs but the ‘add surrounds’ feature always bugs out and leaves them paired but unable to be found. Anyone else having this issue and any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Annazel S 13 October 2020, 23:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @jonesey122.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the troubleshooting steps that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

What do you see on the Sonos app, are the 2 Sonos One SLs missing? 

This article will help you bring back a Sonos speaker that has disappeared from your Sonos app. 

If it is showing as paired speakers on the Sonos app, you can try to ‘separate the stereo pair’ first,

and set them up as separate rooms before ‘adding as surrounds’.

Hopefully, that helps but if not, please submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app, and reply with the confirmation number.

I'd start by reviewing your system as well as the status of the devices, it will also help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Yeah I’m having the exact same problem.

My system is connected via SonosNet (arc is connected via ethernet)

My living room set up is showing up as (Arc+Sub+?+?)

Ive found if i play some content then press the play pause on each of the surrounds they reconnect after about 10 seconds and then the app is listed correctly as (Arc+Sub+Rs+Ls).

Theres clearly a bug in the 12.1 firmware and this is going to a pain in the ass to do every time i use my system.

Yep my system is all off. 

Exact same has you with it being connected but not showing in the system within the app. 

And its peeing me right off 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Bjmort and @Ash2stroke1980.

Thanks for reaching out and for bringing this up to our attention, I’d be glad to help.

Kindly submit a diagnostic report while the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number.

I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything under the hood that is causing this issue.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.

Badge

I have the same setup, Arc + SubG3 + (2) One SL’s for rear channels. I have the Arc on Ethernet and SonosNet for the Sub and OneSL’s.  S2 app and firmware are running 12.1, but in my case all is working correctly!  

Hi Annazel S.

Thanks for your suggestions. The only one I hadn’t tried was adding the two One SLs to different rooms then incorporating them as surrounds. I’ve tried this now and still no luck. The surround setup fails and then both One SLs are no longer visible in the app. Diagnostic confirmation number is 1661600349.

I’ll just add that connecting the Arc to Ethernet and thus switching the whole system to SonosNet fixes the bug at present.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @jonesey122.

Thanks for your response and update. 

Are you still experiencing the same problem? Upon checking on the diagnostic report, it shows that the surround speakers are not getting a cloud connection, and it doesn’t show that the Arc is wired to the router.

If you are using a local WiFi network with more than one WiFi hub or access point, I would personally recommend that you try to switch your system to SonosNet by wiring just one standalone Sonos device (preferably the Arc) to your primary WiFi hub or router, that begins the WiFi network.

The system also detected interference on Sonos components running on the network, please refer to this article will help you reduce wireless interference around your Sonos products.

If the above advice was followed and the issue persists, please submit a new diagnostic report so I can check the system further and see if there’s anything else causing this issue.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.

Hi Annazel,

Yes switching to SonosNet fixed the issue. It wasn’t a problem before the 12.1 update though so I suspect a bug still exists.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @jonesey122.

Thanks for the response and update.

It’s good to know that the issue was fixed when you switch to SonosNet.

I’m looking forward to a continuous smooth sailing of your system.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out, we’re always here to help.

All the best!