Skip to main content

I have trouble understanding dialog in movies. I would like to use the new Ace headphones while my wife listens through the sound bar. Is it possible to use both at the same time?

Yes!  I have seen multiple ads each focusing on different use purposes.  I don’t understand what point is trying to be made by spamming the same comment on every thread on this forum. 

Yes!  I have seen multiple ads each focusing on different use purposes.  I don’t understand what point is trying to be made by spamming the same comment on every thread on this forum. 

So if there's the ad I posted and an ad (I assume) specifically for the iOS exclusive 'TV Audio Swap' feature, what use purposes do the other ads cover?! Genuine question. 

I suspect each ad hits different ‘points’ for different market segments. Not everyone, I suspect, is focused on a single capability of these headphones. There are likely several different ads in rotation, and likely tracked to see which one engenders click through to the order page. 

I suspect each ad hits different ‘points’ for different market segments. Not everyone, I suspect, is focused on a single capability of these headphones. There are likely several different ads in rotation, and likely tracked to see which one engenders click through to the order page. 

No, I get that. But are there other features I'm missing? @wds0001 has confirmed that there are 'multiple' ads out there all focusing on different  use cases. Besides the ad I've posted and an ad apparently focused solely on the 'TV Audio Swap' feature, what are the other use cases?

Perhaps I wasn’t clear.  I have seen multiple ads. Some focus solely on the portability, sound quality and noise cancellation.  The others seem to focus on the immersive home theater experience.  

Not my expertise, perhaps you would be better off talking to Sonos’ marketing folks. I’m just applying previous experiences with other marketing, I’m not associated with Sonos. I’d think the FAQ posted covers most of it, fairly broadly, but all marketing folks I’ve been associated with have all sorts of different thoughts, and targeting techniques. 

Or they have multiple ads running, and you’re seeing just one of the many?

Have you seen the other one?

It’s mentioned on the pre-order site too at Sonos.com with a video of it in action with spatial ‘head tracking’ TV audio…

I too would like the ability to listen on Ace and the Arc at the same time.  

I was expecting Sonos headphones, fully integrated into the Sonos ecosystem, instead from reading this and other commentary they appear to be just a ritzier Sonos-branded version of standard anc wireless cans. Shame. 

I was expecting Sonos headphones, fully integrated into the Sonos ecosystem, instead from reading this and other commentary they appear to be just a ritzier Sonos-branded version of standard anc wireless cans. Shame. 

Actually the Ace are really great headphones. The noise cancelling is excellent and they use Snapdragon Apt-X (over Bluetooth) and ALAC (over wired) lossless audio quality codecs  (see attached), but the standout features, for me at least, is the TV SoundSwap with spatial head tracking and I find that all works great with the Sonos Arc. Lip-sync is spot-on. The Sound quality is that of all Sonos products and Sonos are yet to introduce their new TrueCinema sound - I haven’t had the Ace long, but no regrets here. Worth every penny/cent. I’m just lucky that I had the Sonos Home Theatre setup to begin with and I understand that Sonos will be adding more of their Home Theatre products into the mix soon too.

This seems pretty simple. There is no reason an Ace shouldn’t be able to group in the Sonos app like every other Sonos product can. If Arc is playing tv sound, Ace could be added like any other speaker. For easy daily use, first click on Ace joins existing tv audio, second swaps Arc audio to Ace, third click back to Bluetooth audio. Just make it happen.

Since none of us has any insight in the way thus works technically, only Sonos can say if this is “pretty simple”. Sonos has made the choice for the Ace to just be a bluetooth headphone with an added WiFi function, probably because using WiFi instead of bluetooth would consume to much energy leading to a to large better pack that would make the headphones bulky. That’s the reason it can’t be grouped and cannot “be added like any other speaker”.

As I understand it Sonos only uses WiFi on the Ace if it’s using the swap function. The sequence you mention, “For easy daily use, first click on Ace joins existing tv audio, second swaps Arc audio to Ace, third click back to Bluetooth audio”, does not really make sense to me, because when the swap function is used there would in my understanding only be a WiFi link to the soundbar, no bluetooth.

On the other hand, just creating the possibility to leave the sound on on the soundbar, when the swap function is used might be easy. Or create sync issues. We just do not know. I would like Sonos to be more open about these kinds of choices.